Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Daddy's boy

My Dad always called me his "carbon copy." Growing up, he'd always show me off to his friends and tell them that i'd look just like him when I reach adulthood.

There were instances that really proved his point. One time, from out of nowhere, some guy walks up to me and asks: "Anak ka ba ni Egat?" And this was the first time I saw this guy! He turned out to be Dad's friend, and he identified me because I looked exactly like him. Then, there was this instance when I answered the door, the person outside looks at me for a few seconds and asks: "Egat?"

Dad and me have the same bushy eyebrows and face shape. One of our main differentations is that he has a moustache, and i've got a smooth face (most of the time, at least.) But today, I've decided to grow a moustache and a beard, just for kicks. I want to see if I'll really look like Dad when all factors are made equal.

No comments: