Monday, September 06, 2021

Pueblo Cerrado

The last time I saw El Pueblo was November last year, when we had a shooting in Ortigas and passed by the area on our way to the studio.

Back then, it was already noticeable that a lot of the places were closed. Like the Anytime Fitness Gym on the 2nd floor, the Song Do Korean Restaurant and 12 Monkeys on the other building. But that time, McDonald's El Pueblo was still open. And it looked like the side of Chateu was still open.

But a few weeks ago, this photo popped up on my feed! 

(photo grabbed from Spot.ph)

El Pueblo is now boarded up! (Except for McDonald's.) 

Gosh! So many memories in this place. From TGIFriday's on the 2nd floor where D' Frendz would often have our get togethers, to Congo Grille where Madz and I would have lunch, to Tequila Joe's where we'd see celebrities quite often, to Rack's where Mark and I would have breakfast and where Alex had her baptism reception. 

And those are just some of the memories from that place. There's still a lot more that I haven't mentioned yet.

Seeing this photo makes me wonder what they'll turn this corner property into. Another high-rise building? Another lifestyle center?Another mall?

We'll have to wait and see. But until then, that corner of Julia Vargas and ADB Avenue will always be El Pueblo de Manila for me.

No comments: