Thursday, September 30, 2021

Half-Hearted

It's a fact. Most people are into Korean Drama Series in the country. Whether it's on free TV or Netflix, someone's always watching a K-Drama Program.

Heck, even D' Frendz has the occasional discussion on K-Dramas. Which ones they've watched, which ones are good, which ones are highly-recommended, plus post-game analyses on their favourite shows.

But in this K-Drama universe, I'm the outlier and the minority.

I've only watched one series from start to finish a few months ago. And I wrote about "Lie After Lie" as some sort of an accomplishment.

While I"m not a huge follower of K-Drama, I've been watching other Asian Drama shows, particularly from Japan and China. The reason why I got into these shows was because during my stint in HKG, they'd show a lot of J-Dramas and C-Dramas on free TV. (Which is what you watch when you don't have cable subscription at home.)

Recently, there was this C-Drama which found itself into my youtube show options. The promos suddenly appeared on my feed, I clicked, then my interest was piqued. 

That show is "The First Half of My Life."

To cut a long story short, I binge-watched this series from Episode 1 to 42! And every episode was awesome and worth watching.

This was actually an old series that aired in 2017. Despite the 4 year difference from the production to watching, the story is still very current and compelling. And because the series is about professionals in their midlife, it also struck a chord with me.

Now, I'm joining the millions of people who are saying the same thing: 

"The First Half of My Life, Season 2 please!"

No comments: