Saturday, September 11, 2021

Lusti-Cool

Back in the 2000s, there emerged a new breed of fashion designers in the Philippines. 

They were young, creative, bold and imaginative. They stormed fashion shows and fashion magazines with their cool, architectural and avant-garde designs.

Among these names were Joji Lloren, Avel Bacudio, Ivarluski Aseron, Dennis Lustico, Rajo Laurel among others.

I've always liked the work of these designers, and thanks to some of their collaborations, I was able to snag pieces from them. There's Joji Lloren for Rustan's, Avel Bacudio for Landmark, Rajo Laurel for Plains and Prints, among others.

Last year, I saw that Dennis Lustico - along with other designers - had a collaboration with Zalora. I'd often go back and check out these dresses on their site, and always planned to get them. 

A few months ago, I finally did!


This dress from Dennis Lustico is true to his aesthetic. Very sleek and architectural, with feminine details like point d'esprit lace.

From the color (or non-color), to the construction and design, this dress is so cool! And I'm so glad I was able to snag it!

No comments: