Sunday, July 04, 2021

The new Squeeze

When it comes to Mango Juice, Gina has always been the gold standard for me.

This brand has been around since time immemorial. It was already there even when I was a kid. It was the favourite mango juice of my grandparents. It was also the favourite of my Tito, Tita and cousins from Spain. Whenever they'd visit the Philippines, we would always stock Gina Mango Juice in their home.

The great thing about Gina is that it's consistent. Even until now, the taste and quality is the same high quality we enjoyed decades ago. And while I've tried other Mango Juice brands (Del Monte, Locally, etc.), Gina is still the best of the lot.

When Gina isn't available, I'd usually buy Juice Avenue. Now this brand is legit! They really use real Mangoes which they puree and serve freshly made in bottles. These aren't available in supermarkets, though. I'd buy these at their kiosks in malls and outside supermarkets. (So, technically, it is available in supermarkets. Outside, that is.)

Recently, I discovered a new brand that is almost as good as Gina. (Almost.)

That brand is Oishi Squeeze.


It has that rich and real Mango taste. It's not watered down or not sweetened unnecessarily. It's very authentic and it feels like I'm drinking juice extracted from real Mangoes. Even my sister and nephews like it, too.

So, while Gina Mango Juice will always be on top of my list, this new brand will be the fallback in case the preferred one isn't available.

No comments: