Saturday, July 31, 2021

The Germany-Japan connection

While browsing the online supermarket for our weekly needs, this familiar product suddenly popped-up on my screen.

It's one of my favourite gummy brands - Haribo!

Previously, Haribo reminded me a lot of Europe. It was the brand that Tita Evelyn would bring home from Barcelona whenever they'd visit. Then, during my travels to Germany, I learned that this brand was originally from there, ergo you can find it in every street corner. It was my default sweet during my trips to Berlin, Koln, Munich, Frankfurt and Stuttgart. 

Then, from Japan, my memories of Haribo shifted to Tokyo. Whenever Mark and I would go to Donki, this was one thing I'd always put in our basket and bring home as a snack in TIEC and IH.

Now that I know where to buy it in MNL, I'm sure Haribo will be a constant part of my snacking routine. Let's see where the first bite will take me this time.

No comments: