Sunday, April 18, 2021

Sketchy Stories: Claire Bear

For Claire's birthday, Melrose decided to go a little crafty.

Claire is and has always been known for her creativity in crafts. When we were colleagues in Adformatix, I'd always marvel at the creations that were often on her cubicle. Whether it was a handmade paper creation or her wonderful handwriting, it was always a joy to see. 

When she left agency life and applied at Kamiseta, she showed me some of the handmade bags she created and was simply floored! There was one particular bag - made of silk and with chopsticks as handle - that was super memorable. After finding something similar in HKG, it became part of one of my sister's ensembles when she attended a wedding.

And last year, she shared with me her blog about her crafting projects. Since then, I've been a regular reader and can't help but be inspired by Claire's creativity and joie-de-vivre.

So, for her birthday, I decided to go back to traditional sketching using a pen and paper, then used my Kurecolor pens to add some life into the drawing. And here's the result of the quick 10-minute sketch.

The choice of what I'd sketch - a bear - is actually an inside joke that Claire and I had back in Adformatix, particularly the word "oso." So, it was fitting that this was my crafty project for her on her birthday.

I wish you an OSO wonderful birthday, Claire! We'll celebrate it together soon!

2 comments:

Claire Mercado-Obias said...

Thank you for this sweet post, Lester! I super loved the theme for my birthday and everyone's crafty projects. I love this Care Bear that you made...OSO sweet! Thank you :)

Dazed and Confused said...

You're welcome, Claire! We had so much fun reconnecting with our crafty selves and doing all these artworks for your birthday. Happy Birthday again!