Friday, April 30, 2021

FMM: Wilde Child

Kim Wilde was one of the wildly successful British female singers in the 80s. Quite a rarity during that time, and that made her special.

Her music was a mix of Pop and Rock, so much like Patti Smyth and Chrissie Hynde in the US.

While I was still a wee, little kid when she stormed the airwaves, I found myself enjoying her songs. Most likely reason was the fact that I was indeed a little kid, and her 1981 hit song was about kids as well.

"Kids in America," at least. And that time, I was a kid in Manila.

This song was so iconic that it was eventually remade in the 90s for some teen film. But even after hearing that, my opinion was that the original sounded much better.

Even now, 40 years later after she first sang it, Kim Wilde's hit still sounds fresh and new.

Great - and wild - music is like that.

No comments: