Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Go West!

As a kid, I'd always watch "The West Side Story" on TV. It would be shown as part of the afternoon movie offerings, and whenever it would be on, I'd catch it.

There was a lot to enjoy in that film. From the characters, to the acting, to the songs. Especially "Somewhere."

Then, there's Rita Moreno who won the Academy Awards for Best Supporting Actress in 1962 for her role as Anita. The same awards night where she wore a Pitoy Moreno dress. Pinoy Pride! Woot!

This year, they're remaking "The West Side Story" with Steven Spielberg at the helm!

Part of me wants to watch this, just like I'd watch the original version on TV. 

Part of me, though, is reluctant. You know how it is with originals and remakes. Sometimes, they're not as good.

Well, we still have a few more months to decide.

No comments: