Monday, August 24, 2020

SG = Scrumptious Goodies

It's the same question posed to Jo and KaWei this week:

"Why do things like these keep popping up on my feed?"



These are some of my favourite goodies from SG. It's no secret since I've written about these countless times already. These are scrumptious local delights that we usually get from the different hawker centers around the Island.

Most of these were discoveries that were shared by Jo and KaWei as far as decades back. When it comes to local food, you can trust that locals know the best places to get it. And usually, there are great, non-food memories attached to these great eats.

Like that time when we went to that Malaysian train station after midnight to eat authentic Mi Goreng at one of the food stalls. Or KaWei bringing Jo and me to the Golden Mile Hawker Centre, (home of the best Prawn Mee and Tang Yuan) and exploring the stores that sold Military goods upstairs. Or trying Chwee Kueh for the first time, and craving for it ever since.

It's just one of the many local SG dishes that I've been craving for since my last visit there with Erika last year.

And it's just some of the local dishes that I'll be back for once it's okay to travel again.

Soon. Praying that it happens soon

No comments: