Thursday, August 27, 2020

Dumpling Dreaming

The first time I saw this "Worth It" episode on Taiwanese Dumplings was almost a year ago. Since then, I've been watching and re-watching it regularly. About once a month. More than, at times.



Because of this series, I planned to go to Taiwan last December 2019 or January 2020. But because my Doctor said I shouldn't travel just yet, I held it off and planned to do it last March or April, with the go-ahead of my Doctor.

We all know what happened, of course. And the trip became just a plan and a future goal.

I'm still looking forward to go to Taiwan, if only for the Liu Jia Pan Fried Dumplings. I became so enamoured with these dumplings that the hotels I checked out were the hotels that were just walking distance from this stall. My plan was to stay as close as possible, and to have the cabbage and chive buns as often as I possibly could.

Then, I was also planning to go to that Din Tai Fung restaurant that they visited. Yes, I've tried Din Tai Fung in several countries many times, but I was hoping to see that waitress with the fabulous accent in person. I just can't get over how beautiful her accent is and how she speaks English!

Of course, these plans will have to wait. But I'll do so patiently. And after all this craziness is over, my dumpling dreams will definitely come true.

No comments: