Saturday, August 22, 2020

Baker’s backtracking and box

Seems like I’m determined to go back to my baking roots!

Trivia: I started baking when I was in high school. I’d make cakes, brownies, cookies and tarts. Two books served as my baking guides:


“Let’s Cook with Nora” was Mom’s cookbook. But there was a section on cakes and pastries, and that’s what I would usually concentrate on. So, if you see fingerprints of flour, cocoa and oil, those would be mine.

“The Maya Baking Book.” Was the 2nd book. I bought that from my own allowance, and I remember trying to make silvanas for the first time (it was a failure) and cashew caramel tarts (it was a resounding success!)

I continued baking throughout college, and even when I was already working in Adformatix as a copywriter. In fact, I remember one Christmas when I gifted my bosses with cookies that I baked myself!

Eventually, life as a creative became so hectic that I stopped baking. Then, my culinary interests shifted from Sandwich-making which I enjoyed, especially when I made sandwiches for my students (Panini Palace in the house!) making breakfast for Mark in Tokyo, making Mexican food like Quesadillas and Fajitas (Muchas gracias a mis anfitriones en Mexico por ensenarme,) to making s’mores and waffles for my creative Kaniguans.

Then, a few weeks ago, I started baking again. Starting with brownies, then cookies, then a brownie and cookie hybrid.

And today, I decided to have a dedicated food box for all my baking ingredients! That’s to make the, easier to find, and it’ll make baking easier to do when I feel like doing it again.



Looks like i’m seriously going back to baking.

2 comments:

Claire Mercado-Obias said...

These cookbooks are such classics! I have an entire shelf of Pinoy cookbooks! I always check National Bookstore to add to my collection :)

angelenaalessandro said...

Coverage is usually based on a number of different factors. In addition to an individual's driving record, the type of vehicle, and the driver's age, he or she may also be covered by some types of insurance plans. Interested to know more about harris insurance? Browse this site.