Thursday, March 21, 2013

New /editions


Debenhams isn't a stranger to designer collaborations. For the longest time, they had Julien Macdonald, Matthew Williamson, Jasper Conran, Henry Holland and Ben de Lisi in their roster.

When I passed by Debenhams in Shangri-La Mall recently, I was pleasantly surprised that they had a new set of designer collaborations. Collectively called /editions, the Manila store featured clothing by 2 popular international designers. Unfortunately, these 2 designers don't have a big following in the Philippines yet.

I'm talking about Roksanda Ilincic and Johnathan Saunders. I've been seeing their work in Lane Crawford in HKG, and it's always a joy to see their creations.

This isn't the first time Johnathan Saunders had a collaboration. A few years ago, he brought his color blocking sensibilities to Topshop, and that collection was sold in SG. I remember wanting to buy a dress, but they didn't have the right size.

For Roksanda Ilincic, though, this is the first time I've seen her make clothes for a fast fashion brand. And from the pieces I've seen, she's successful in marrying mass marketability with couture.


That said, her clothes are a bit pricey, though. And knowing that it'll go on sale in a few months or so, I'm holding out before I actually consider getting any of these new pieces.

No comments: