Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Get your cotton on

When Arnie told me that she's sending me something via courier, I was excited. Mainly because I had an idea what it was.


Arnie is a former colleague, fashion conspirator and long-time friend. We worked together in 2 agencies, would always talk about movies, travel and inspirations, and would sometimes critique what our officemates are wearing.

A year ago, she decided to dabble in perfume making. Her brand, ladelu//, is an artisanal scent company and she always comes up with new olfactory concepts that never fail to excite her customers. With her advertising and fashion background, it's no wonder that her products come in simple and chic packaging.


I told her that I'm a big fan of the Clean line of perfume, and she told me that she had a similar one in her repertoire. After telling her how much I was interested in it, she said that she'll mix up a batch using her original formula, but added some more notes to fit my personality.


The result is "Cotton." This is actually one of her best sellers, but tweaked with me in mind. How's that for artisan!


The perfume is AWESOME! It captures the scents that I like, namely, freshly laundered cotton clothes, soap, fabric softener, and the smell of a clothes dryer when you've just removed your clothes from it. It doesn't smell like you put on a scent. Rather, it smells very organic. Which is great when - like me - you don't really like putting any kind of scent on.

Whilst I know that her perfume creations are being enjoyed by a lot of customers and that this is a trajectory she's taking, I'm still looking forward to seeing Arnie's other creations. Particularly, that fashion line that she'll show at Philippine Fashion Week.

Until then, thanks for the perfume, Arnie!

No comments: