Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Do something new

Since I only had 48-hours in SG, I made sure that all the "old reliables" were accounted for. Thus, my agenda was filled from end to end with things that I've been doing in that country during my past visits.

But just as I was about to go all-old, Jo suggested that I do something new. She asked me to join her and her hubby to watch the Chingay parade. This was the traditional Chinese New Year parade that's a huge, huge event there.


We were all first time Chingay attendees, and we found the whole parade fun. It dragged at some parts, and I was disappointed that the Philippine contingent was the smallest among the ASEAN countries. But on the whole, it was worth the 3 hours of sitting by the bleachers, shaking golden pompoms and whistling our cheeks away.

Yup, the new can be a lot of fun, too.

No comments: