Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Rawr!

The proliferation of snakeskin prints is quite understandable since it is the year of the Water Snake. But another animal print that I've been seeing a lot lately is leopard print.

I've been seeing it in bags, smoking shoes, accessories, and of course, in apparel. Some of them are realistic, some are stylized, and some are very graphic.

Personally, I think the graphic ones are more visually appealing. That's why I put together this outfit that has the leopard print as the focus.

I found these Simply Vera leopard print pants at Surplus Shop. The starkness of the print and the black and gray combination make it look very chic.


Since the bottom is busy, I've kept the top clean and plain - but still with some sass. That's where this loose jersey t-shirt came in. The silhouette is very relaxed and easy, and the fabric is easy on the body.


What makes it cooler is the fact that is has a high-low hemline. It's a shirt in front, and a dress at the back. Nifty!



When put together, this ensemble has a relaxed casualness to it, but still keeping its wild side.

No comments: