Sunday, September 09, 2012

"Let's Lift It."

One thing I gathered from "The September Issue" is that Anna Wintour seems to like using the phrase "Let's Lift It."

There was once scene where a member of the Editorial Team presented something to Anna, and she asked him: "This is Vogue. Where's the Glamour? Where's the drama? Let's Lift It." Judging by that comment, I take it that "Lifting It" means adding that element of high style in everything that they do.

When I saw this white dress from Elle, I thought it was a great looking piece. It was simple, flattering and classic. It can actually be worn on its own, and it would be a chic and stylish piece.


But I thought: "How do we lift it?"

And the answer came in the form of this very ornate, very dramatic but very wearable piece of accessory that I got from one of my haunts at The Fort.


It's a layered necklace that delivers a lot of drama. In fact, it delivers so much drama that it's best set against a blank canvas. Ergo, it goes perfectly with the white dress.


The necklace is made of agate stones, which gives it that rich, brown color. They've added two gem patterns in the middle of the necklace. This serves as the point of interest where the eye can rest.


It's a piece that's both simple and ornate at the same time. And it perfectly accomplishes what it's supposed to do to that white dress.

It Lifts It.

No comments: