Friday, May 06, 2011

Smooth as Velvet

When Arnie and I had lunch at The Podium a few weeks ago, we observed that there were a lot of closed shops and that the mall is starting to look sad. A lot of my favorite stores have shut down, so there's not a lot of reasons for me to go there.

But on weekends, I do have one reason. Cukay's Red Velvet Cake!



It's sold at one of the kiosks during The Podium's Weekend Bakers fair. And it's one of the best Red Velvet cakes I've tasted.

The cake is perfectly sweet and has a very full volume. The icing is very fluffy and adds the right amount of sweetness on the cake. It lives up to its name and feels very velvety on the mouth.



My only goat with this cake is that you have to eat it immediately and can't store it in the fridge. If you do, it hardens to brick-like levels, and when you thaw it, the texture changes considerably.

But overall, this cake is really worth the weekend trip to The Podium. Now, excuse me while I attack the cake.

No comments: