Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ghosts from the past

Erwin and I were had this "where are they now" conversation, and the names Janet Bordon, Maricris Bermont, Ponci Quirino and Mike Monserrat popped up.

While we were in the subject, I suddenly remembered Shmoo and wondered where he is. Shmoo is a cartoon series featuring a detective who's also a shape shifting ghost. I remember being a huge fan of this animated show and never let an episode pass.



And because I missed this show, I also missed the other "ghost" related cartoons like "The Ghostbusters". This wasn't THE Ghostbusters of the 90s. This was wackier - it had 2 guys named Tracy and Stacy, and a gorilla named Kong.



Special mention must also be made about "Monster Squad." It wasn't an animated show, but it felt like a cartoon show that came alive. The plot was original, the stories were well thought of, and the overall effect was campy perfection!



It's amazing how there were so many ghost themed shows there were before. But even more amazing is the fact that each one was unique and never did one duplicate the other.

Times like these, I can't help but sigh and say: "They don't make shows like they used to."

No comments: