Friday, August 13, 2010

Express yourself

It was a scene that reminded me of my life in HKG.

This afternoon, I went to The Enterprise Center to buy my favorite chicken sopas. Once there, a familiar sight greeted me - a tiangge! And in that tiangge was one of my "old reliables" in terms of fab finds.

Hidden among the racks of ho-hum clothes was this banded sequin dress from Express.



Despite it being covered in sequins, the dress looked very chic and classy. It was able to escape the "Las Vegas trap" and passed off as something very subdued and wearable. This is the type of dress that would look good under a blazer.

Another reason why it caught my eye was because it reminded me of this Herve Leger sequinned dress I saw in SG. If you remove the straps, the Express dress looks exactly the same.



So while I walked in to The Enterprise with the intent of buying a bowl of piping hot Chicken Sopas, I walked out with that, and something way hotter.

No comments: