Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Raisin' the bar

Raisinets is one of my all time favorite chocolate snacks. I used to hoard them whenever I go to the supermarket, and when a local version came out (Raiseens from Kean's), it was double the delight.

On our trip to Subic a few weeks ago, I discovered two new variants that made me love Raisinets a bit more.

First is the dark chocolate version. Dark Chocolate is healthy, raisins are healthy, so this snack is double the healthy goodness!



Then there's the Cranberry variant. I'm also a big fan of dried cranberries. When I was still living in HKG, I'd always have a few packs of dried cranberries at home. The creamy sweetness of the chocolate is a perfect foil to the tart taste of the berry.



I wonder if they have these at SM or Landmark. My stash is almost gone! And I don't want to go all the way to Subic just to buy some. (But if worse comes to worst, I definitely will!)

No comments: