Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Soup-er cheap thrill

I'm a big - make that HUGE - fan of sopas. There's something about it that reminds me of childhood. Memories like going to Unimart with the family, and Lola Dita would buy Royco Chicken Sopas and serve it at home. Or how Uncle Rolly would prepare Royco Chicken Alphabet Noodle Soup and spell our names on the plate. Fun times, indeed.

That's why Sopas is one of my all time favorites, especially the one with elbow macaroni and milk.

I've always been on a "quest" to find good Sopas. Jollibee has one, but it's too thick and it feels like sipping gravy. My friend told me that they have good ones at the "Jollijeep", but when I tried it, it had more bones than macaroni. Then, today, I wandered off to the food court at The Enterprise Center and got this:



It's really, really good Sopas from Lola's Kitchen.

It doesn't look like much, but believe me, it's DA BOMB! The soup is very milky, and you can actually taste the fresh milk they used on it. The vegetables are very crunchy. And there's a whole egg in it! Best part is, it's got no meat, which is a big plus for me.

And this baby costs P39! It's way cheap considering I'm willing to pay much, much more for a good bowl of Sopas.

Ah yes, cheap thrills make life so much more flavorful.

No comments: