Monday, August 30, 2010

A new source

Last week, a new, international brand opened its doors in Manila. But unlike Forever 21 (who came in with a big bang, complete with 2-hour queues) this one was more low key and quieter.

What brand? It's the best source of shoes whenever you go to the U.S.



I passed by Megamall and noticed that Payless is now open and took over Centropelle's old site. It was smaller compared to most of the Payless stores I've visited in the U.S., but the layout and look was exactly the same.

Stock-wise, they've got a nice selection. Aside from the usual suspects like Dexter's, Aerosoles and Montego Bay, they also have the "designer" brands like Zoe and Zac, Fioni and Alice + Olivia for Payless. Most of the shoes were on the cheap side, but there were some that were P3000.00.

The men's selection was very small, but I saw a couple of suede loafers that I might buy for Grace's wedding.

While I was there, the manager asked me if everything was alright. He was a white guy who flew in from the U.S. to supervise the opening. We talked about the store a bit, and he told me that they're opening a new one in Ali Mall this week.

Great! Now there's a better source of shoes in Cubao!

No comments: