Saturday, August 07, 2010

Self-service

My class got delayed by a good 30 minutes today because the equipment just won't cooperate.

First, my classroom's computer won't play Quicktime files. And all of my video support for today's class was in Quicktime.

I tried asking the computer center for help, but the sleepy eyed guy was no help at all. He kept on saying: "Hintayin na lang natin si..." for every request I made. Bad thing was "si..." never actually came. Talk about service!

Tried calling AVC to ask for a new CPU, and their reply was: "Maghanap na lang po kayo diyan." Now how's that for service?

So I ended up getting a CPU from the other room, carried it all the way to our classroom. Thankfully, it had a VLC player, so my lesson was able to go as scheduled. Hurrah for self-service!

Ah yes, the joys of teaching.

No comments: