Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Singular and floral

And just like that, Grace's wedding is less than 6 months away!

While most of the major preps have been done (church, reception venue, wedding gown), it's the details that really take time to sift through and finalize. We chose an "English Garden" theme for the event, so I've been poring through botanical prints and glass gardens the past month or so. Everything should fall into that single theme.

Aside from the wedding details, I'm also attending to D' Frendz's sartorial needs. Being a garden wedding, I told the ladies that they should be dressed up in florals. Most of them are going to be dressed up by Aling Bright, so I'm confident that they'll look smashing. The challenge is to find the right kind of floral fabric - something bright and pretty, but not too chintzy or "kukur".

My peg for their floral looks is Cat Deeley in Matthew Williamson.



This is how florals should be done. Simple, fresh, clean and elegant. We already have a couple of nice floral fabrics in our archives, but I think it's still necessary to go to the fabric garden and pick a few more.

No comments: