Saturday, May 01, 2010

Play it again, Sam.

The awesome thing about SM is that they're an "equal opportunity discounter." Whether it's one of their basic low-end brands or the higher end names, the discount they give for each one is equally huge. This is unlike Rustan's whose discounts are just a pittance and their sales aren't really that enticing. (Which makes me miss those fantastic Rustan's sales of yore. Kin, Elsie and I would rush off to Shangri-La from the SMC head office to grab the goodies.)

A month ago, they marked down their stock of Max and Cleo dresses. This weekend, the brand name that got the huge markdown was Sam Edelman.



I had very limited time, so I only ended up with 3 pieces from the plethora of choices waiting to be bought.



The first one was a mid-height shoe with a combination of black and leopard print. The sole was rubberized, so I reckon it'll be easy to walk in.



The second was a amethyst colored and reptile printed flat shoe. This is perfect for Ate Bullet who lives in flats most of the time.



And the last one was this ruby red shoe made of the softest kid suede. I'm sure Dorothy would have wanted shoes like these.



After the markdown, the shoes were really, really cheap. I think it's even cheaper than if you bought it on sale in the U.S. Well, maybe except if you find and buy them at Ross. But on the whole, this batch of Sam Edelman shoes are so cheap that I'll probably check it again, Sam.

No comments: