Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Going back to the City

I wasn't a big fan of "Sex and the City" when it was a TV series. In fact, I've never even watched a complete season. Unlike "Little Britain," "Catherine Tate Show," "Ugly Betty," "Friends," or even "Hotaru no Hikari," there was no motivation to actually sit down and watch the show.

Yes, they say that the humor is sharp and the clothes are divine, but then again, Betty's humor is sharp, and the clothes of Wilhelmina and Amanda are divine. So why watch something else.

But after watching the 1st movie, I realized what made SATC such a hit among its target demographic. Aside from the humor and clothes, it was the reality that made it resonate a lot. The situations and problems of Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte were the same as most women their age. As my friend Grace says, everyone she knows is a Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte.

And because I thoroughly enjoyed "Sex and the City", I've got my eyes set on its sequel, showing next week.



All the girls I know are giddy and gung-ho to rush to the cinemas to watch SATC all over again. And now, I'm not surprised why. (Heck! The poster alone is the price of admission!)

No comments: