Friday, May 21, 2010

Gotta Duet

I just discovered another great, cheap thrill!



The billboard caught my eye immediately as the MRT was entering Cubao Station. The visuals were beautifully done and it immediately made me want to try the product. (Props to the agency who did this. You'd think that as an advertising practitioner, I'd be immune to advertising. I usually am, but in this case, I wasn't.)

There's a Mister Donut kiosk at the Cubao Station, (convenient!) so I went there and bought a dozen of these duet donuts. And they were A-W-E-S-O-M-E! The donut was so soft and the flavor of each half was so pronounced. The sugary sprinkles added a nice texture to the cake-like donut, and it was just an explosion of tastes and textures with every bite.

The best among the lot would be the red velvet and butter cake duet. It costs P10, but tastes like P100!

Right now, it looks like this duet donut will be a limited edition thing. But I hope they decide to put it in their selection permanently. A duet this good shouldn't end.

No comments: