Monday, May 17, 2010

Oh, Diva!

I discovered the joys of "Drop Dead Diva" when I went to Guam a few months ago. Since they had the Lifetime channel at the hotel, I waited for Project Runway to go on but wound up watching one of the episodes of this sitcom. And I got hooked.



The plot isn't that new. It's like "Chances Are" meets "Legally Blonde." Ditzy blonde passes away, and when she get into heaven, she pushes a "return" button and goes back to earth in the body of an insecure, overweight lawyer. She gets both the body and the brain of the old body, so she's now smart and sassy at the same time.

Great casting is one of the things going for the show. Brooke Elliot has great comic timing, April Bowlby is great as the dumb blonde, and Margaret Cho - well, she's Margaret Cho.

I liked it so much that I bought the 1st season DVD. Now I know what I'll do the next few days.

No comments: