Monday, November 09, 2009

Fun Flashback

While searching for references on youtube, I stumbled upon this MTV from the 70s.



This video is Da Bomb! Although it was from the 70s, it's a video that this generation can listen to and have fun with. And why do I think it's a fabulous MTV? Let me count the reasons:

1. It's VST! They're one of the coolest bands that the Philippines ever had. They came in during the "Manila sound" era, and they've got the sound right down pat.

2. "Tayo'y Magsayawan" is one of my favorite VST songs. Alongside it is "Sumayaw, Sumunod" and "Rock, Baby, Rock." These are videoke staples whenever we go out for a mean videoke session with friends.

3. The video is SOOOOO 70s. The saturated colors, the fashions, the aviator shades, and of course - the hair! Also, the police were still wearing the old PC (Philippine Constabulary) uniforms. All these elements added together equals = groovy!

4. It's full of campy cliches. The people dancing in the street, the dancing groom with the irritated bride, and my favorite - the stern looking nun who ends up tapping her feet to the beat. These are the scenes real MTVs are made of. Hahaha.

5. And my topmost reason, it was shot a few steps away from our office. While watching it, I noticed Pioneer House and Corinthian Plaza - two buildings along Paseo de Roxas that are still standing upto now. While I walked to Greenbelt 1 to buy lunch, I couldn't help but look at that spot and think: "A few decades back, VST and a host of fun and campy dancers were shooting a video right here."

Maybe the VST can do a remake of the video, and shoot it like they did in the 70s. That would be A LOT of fun.

No comments: