Tuesday, June 02, 2009

What's afflicting everyone?

Just as I was breathing a sigh of relief at the fact that the "checkered-scarf-invasion" gone away, a new "uso" is now spreading like wildfire in the metro.



Everywhere I look, there's a Tom, Dick, Harry and Jane wearing a shirt with the word "Affliction" emblazoned on it. At first, I didn't really pay attention to it, but when everyone (and their fathers) started donning these black, tattoo-inspired shirts, I just had to look it up.

It turns out that it's a "rocker shirt." Among its fans are Ozzy Osbourne, Mike V, and even Kevin Costner. While it's being sold in almost every stall in Greenhills, I reckon that Anthem is the official distributor here in the Philippines.

After viewing their site, I conclude that they have nice shirts and leather jackets. But will I be afflicted anytime soon? The answer is definitely no. Yes, they're nice, but borrowing Michael Kors' words "It's just not my aesthetic."

No comments: