Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fun-nini

At D' Frendz get together yesterday, I was once again able to put my "Chef's hat" and prepare something to eat for everyone. Armed with my favorite panini maker, some cold cuts, sauces, breads from Bizu and some greens, I whipped up 5 different kinds of panini. On the menu were:

1. Ham and Cheese panini
2. Pesto and Cheese panini
3. Spanish Sardine panini
4. Chicken-pesto panini
5. "The club" panini (which basically means all the leftovers in one sandwich.) Harhar.

It didn't help that we were watching "Top Chef" while I was making the sandwiches. Suddenly, my pent up chef-tendencies reappeared and immediately shut myself out and concentrated on making panini. And by the time the party ended, not only did I make 2 different sandwiches for everyone, I also gave them sandwiches to take home.

At least now I now my back-up plan. Lester-the-panini-maker.

No comments: