Friday, June 19, 2009

Go, go, Mango

It was easy to figure it out. After running into a bevy of ladies carrying bags and bags of Mango merchandise, I knew Mango was on sale.



This usually means the "fast fashion sale season" has begun. After Mango puts up their sale sign, Zara usually follows suit after a few weeks. Then Debenhams. Then every other store that hasn't gone on mid-year-sale-mode yet. (Plains and Prints already did last June 11, and all the great stuff was gone in a matter of 2 days.)

Speaking of stuff, I noticed a sneaky tactic that Mango is using. I saw this striped, flowy jumpsuit a month back. I checked the price, and it was around P4,900. Today, I checked it again, and the "original price" listed was P8,450 and the sale price was around P4,300. After checking out 2 or 3 maxi dresses, they employed the same tactic, too. They reduce the price by around P500, mark up the original price by around P4,000, and that way, people will think they're getting a deal.

But I say no deal. I'll wait until the price REALLY goes down.

In any case, these are dangerous times to go out. With so many sales going on, I'll be safer staying at home.

No comments: