Sunday, June 21, 2009

Brace(let) yourself...

Unlike the Plains & Prints sale where I marauded the store on the first day, I decided to sit out the Mango sale and will probably wait until the 70% sign comes up. Aside from their "sneaky" prices, there weren't a lot of really nice apparel on sale.

But thanks to this act of ignoring their apparel, my attention shifted to their accessories. I never really paid that much attention to Mango Accessories, mainly because H&M has a much better spread. Yesterday, I finally did. And as stories like these usually go, I ended up buying something.



There were 2 bracelets that were just too pretty to ignore. Ate Bullet has a liking for bracelets and bangles - especially the Indian ones I usually buy from Singapore. These ones would make a worthy addition to her collection. Since this is my first accessory purchase at Mango, I was pleasantly surprised at the fact that they come in lush looking velvet bags.



The first bangle is obviously made in India. It has jewels, beads, ornate patterns - all in rich tones. This will look great on its own, or stacked with a couple colorful bracelets.



For some strange reason, the second bracelet reminds me of Rachel Zoe. Probably because she likes things that are chunky, statement-making, and vintage-looking. These 3 adjectives would best describe this piece.



The good thing about this is that it'll look good on any occasion. Whether it's paired with a white shirt and jeans for an errand day, or worn with a long, black evening dress for a formal event, the piece works. Maybe it's the color, or art deco looking metal detail.



There were a couple of pieces that likewise caught my eye. But they're too fashion forward so I'm sure they won't be picked up by people soon. So I'll probably wait until they slash the price once or twice more.

Plus, Monna just told me that H&M is on sale. More accessories, here I come!

No comments: