Saturday, June 27, 2009

Loot at that

Three days into my HKG trip, and I still didn't go on a mindless shopping spree at H&M. I think I deserve a medal for that. Or at least a commendation. Harhar.

As I mentioned earlier, the stuff on sale at H&M aren't that spectacular. Was hoping that the accessory section would yield irresistible deals, but all I got were a few cocktail rings. As I told my friend, maybe I should give it a few more weeks. After that, maybe I can come back and do some real shopping. By that time, H&M would've been on sale for a month, while Zara would be on its 3rd week or so. Now that would be shopping bliss.

Not to say that I didn't buy anything on this trip. It would be a complete waste if I didn't. As expected, trips to my usual haunts yielded a lot of great loot. Trouser style jeans, loose tops, vests, magazines, books, and some other what nots.

But my pick of the loot lot would be these:



Yup, Gladiator sandals. According to InStyle, they're not going out of fashion just yet. And these designs have a little something extra compared to the usual ones we see back home.

Then there's this little piece of black cloth. Initially, I didn't know what it was. Then the sales girl, someone who I know, explained to me what it was.



She unfolded it to reveal this.



Yes, it's a bigger triangle. But beyond that, it's a really nice and chic draped top. She even demonstrated how to wear it so that I wouldn't have difficulty explaning to my sisters. It's hard to appreciate it right now, but maybe I'll take a snap of Ate once she wears it.

Thank goodness for these, my trip wasn't entirely in vain.

No comments: