Monday, May 25, 2009

On-line shopping without on-line shopping

It's frustrating how some of the really nice on-line shops don't deliver to the Philippines. That frustration intensifies whenever uber cheap retail meccas like Target, Kohls and Macy's come up with really cool capsule collections, and I can do nothing but look at them on my computer screen.

My only consolation is whenever I see those wonderful things on the website lying around a bazaar or outlet store in Manila.

Take for example this nice, black eyelet dress from Talbot's website. It's got that Audrey Hepburn-esque vibe to it, peppered with a summery disposition.



Lo and behold, the same dress was at one of my "Haunts" when I checked them out a few weeks ago. In mint condition and at a fraction of the price.



The detailing of this dress is great. Feminine yet forward.



Then there's this gold, brocade skirt from Vera Wang's Simply Vera collection at Kohl's.




And guess what I found last weekend.



I like how the gold brocade is almost quilted, and how the gray gross grain ribbon serves as a counterpoint, keeping it from looking too disco 70's.



On-line goodies at cheap prices, and no shipping fees required! As I always say, it's amazing what you find when you're not looking. And I'm always amazed at how on-line clothes find themselves in the most available and surprising of locations.

This is one of those times when I'm glad that on-line shopping isn't as accessible here in Manila.

No comments: