Friday, May 01, 2009

Cher and Cher alike

I was going through my old CDs and found this old compilation of movie theme songs. After looking through the selection, I saw this song that was my favorite years back, but haven't heard in a while. Unfortunately, the CD won't play on my Macbook. To ease my longing to hear the ditty, youtube to the rescue.



The song is "After All" by Cher and Peter Cetera. It's the theme song of the film "Chances Are", which is also one of my favorite Rom-Coms of all time. The film had a clever premise, and wonderful acting by Cybill Sheperd (post-Moonlighting) and Robert Downey, Jr. (pre-Iron Man.)

Unfortunately, the version I found didn't have Peter Cetera, but some dude playing keyboards doing a cover. Which is ok since it's really Cher who makes this song nice to listen to. Her deep voice is the perfect foil to the saccharine quality of the lyrics.

It's so good to rediscover this song again, after all.

No comments: