Monday, January 05, 2009

Traveling back in time in Tagaytay

Yesterday, we went to Tagaytay to do oculars for a wedding I'm organizing this year. It was a tres interesting trip and we got to see new and interesting wedding reception venues like Balai Taal (which was modern and expensive) and Moon Garden (which was rustic and creepy.)

It was also great to see Hacienda Isabella again after a long time. It's such a wonderful chill out place that I told Mark that we should go there with D' Frendz one of these weekends.

While the places we've seen and the food we ate were great, one thing that I enjoyed about this Tagaytay trip was the music. The radio station that we were tuned in to was playing a lot of old music - ditties from the 80s to the early 90s. Clearly, this was my type of music and for that reason, I was singing at some point of the trip.

Among the lot, two of my favorite songs from the trip were songs that I haven't heard in a-g-e-s! First was this Maria Vidal classic, "Body Rock." Obviously, this song was a hit when breakdance and grafitti walls were in vogue. Makes me wonder if this song was ever in the soundtrack of the movie "Breakdance."



And of course, one of the 80s anthems that was sung by one of the bands that really made the 80s an awesome decade. Starship's "We Built this City." (Uy! How 80s!)



This is one of my all-time favorite songs. And even if the Rage sorta ruined this song at a gig we watched a few years back, it hasn't tarnished the image of this song for me. Gosh! Dig the video! Acid trip! Hahaha!

Now that makes the "trip" in our Tagaytay trip a totally different thing.

No comments: