Friday, January 16, 2009

Labels I love

Nope, I'm not talking about brands. I'm literally talking about labels.

There are two local brands that aren't really that big - unlike Bench, Bayo, Kamiseta or Plains and Prints. Although they aren't that popular, they do have some interesting items in store. I've gotten items there once or twice, and that's when I noticed their labels were something else.

Exhibit A: Kisses and Co.



Not only are they "Made in the Philippines," they're made in "Glamorous Philippines." I can imagine the people making these clothes as 20-something women wearing stilletos, dark nail polish and leather gloves to protect their hands from all that manual labor.

Exhibit B: The Flower Collection.

This brand has been a mainstay at Robinson's Galleria, and I'm glad it's doing well. They've got pretty ok stuff - although not stellar. But once in a while, they come up with gems of pieces.



One look at the label and it looks like your cookie-cutter variety. But if you flip it over, you'll be greeted by something pleasant.



Yup, it's a reminder for all the girls wearing their dresses that someone there loves them and looks out for them.

After looking at these two labels, I wonder why international brands prefer to outsource their clothes in China. They should have all their products here. Not only are they made by Glamorous people, they'll also be loved after wearing them. Now that's something you don't usually get from clothes.

Unless they're Made in the Philippines.

No comments: