Monday, January 12, 2009

Good 'ole Movies

While waiting for the film "Bedtime Stories" to start, we saw part of the trailer of the new Disney action/adventure flick "Race to Witch Mountain." I'm not sure if this is a sequel or related to the old movie "Escape to Witch Mountain" - a film that I used to watch on TV as a little boy.



Based on the trailer, it has all the elements of a great, kid-adventure movie. Aliens, super powers, villains on hot pursuit, and a mystical mountain where unlimited powers come from. It's a story that I used to write in my head when I was in Grade School. And for that reason, this movie will definitely be on my "must not miss list."

And speaking of old movies, I also found out that they have a remake (or re-telling) of the old slasher flick, "My Bloody Valentine."



This is an uber memorable film for me. When we were kids, we watched this horror film on the betamax (yes, Betamax) over at the Aves' place. The whole film spooked the living daylights out of me, as in! After watching it, I couldn't even go to the bathroom alone. I recall how I'd ask our maids to stand by the door while I peed, and I'd yell every 2 seconds to check if she was still there.

What spooked me most about this film was the last frame. A haunting voice came from the mineshaft saying: "Sarah... be my bloody valentine..." Spooky!

Now that I'm older and no longer spooked by slasher flicks, maybe I should catch this film as well. Maybe, but it'll definitely won't be on my list.

No comments: