Sunday, August 24, 2008

Wake me up when September starts...

From the posters and banners that have been put up all around mega-Manila, it looks like September is going to be a very exciting month.

First, there's the "Philippine September Shopfest 2008" which is the country's answer to the shopping months of Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong. I'm a bit worried though because a lot of the big malls had their sale months last July and this August. So it's either only a few malls will participate or the malls will have to go on sale mode again.

Second, Plain and Prints will be launching a capsule collection from Rajo Laurel. I noticed the poster at their branch in Gateway. It was a black and white poster of the designer with Paula Taylor modeling 3 different white shirts. Overall, the poster looked very "Gap Designer White Shirt Collection" to me - so much for originality. But the shirts the models were wearing looked very original. I asked the saleslady where the shirts were, and she said: "Sa September 1 pa po siya i-la-launch."

Third, InStyle usually has its biggest issue in September, and it's one issue that I always look forward to. This makes me wonder why September is usually the biggest issue for all American and European fashion magazines. Maybe it's because of the season's transition.

Fourth, I'll have a speaking engagement that I've been looking forward to. Fifth, Mark is celebrating his birthday in Manila after 2 years of celebrating it in Japan. Sixth, Dad and I are going on a trip out of the country. Seventh and Eighth is out there somewhere, and they'll probably pop out one of these days.

Yup, something exciting this way comes in September. Thank goodness it's just a week away.

No comments: