Saturday, August 02, 2008

Gone haywire-less

This is one sight that I just can't get used to.



Since Bayantel - then PLDT - introduced their wireless landline service, I've seen a couple of people carrying their landlines in public places. Honestly, it feels more like "brandishing" than "carrying" because they often lug it around like it were a mobile phone. (Well, technically it is a "mobile" phone.)

Once, we were having lunch at Chicken Bacolod and the ladies seated on the next table had a landline alongside the plates of pa-a, pecho and garlic rice. Another time, there was this guy riding the jeep and a ring came from his backpack. He took out the wireless landline and answered it. Bizaare!

Yesterday, two ladies were walking along Araneta Center. One was carrying the receiver and the other was carrying the handset. How's that for cooperation.

I'm not sure if this wireless landline is easier to get than a mobile phone. But judging from all the phone stalls in St. Francis Square, Greenhills and Ayala Center, I doubt it. I hope this kind of phone won't become a trend because there's just too much of it that I can handle.

No comments: