Friday, August 08, 2008

Un viaje muy bien

Easy come, easy go. A few days after waking up with an urge to go to Hong Kong, I'm now back in sunny Manila. (The weather in HKG was crappy the whole time I was there, ergo, seeing the sun is such a welcome sight.)

Even if it was a very short trip, it was a very fruitful one. I've accomplished the "missions" that I came there for. Got my mail, went to the bank, and I was also able to have dinner with Alex and Ella at El Taco Loco last night. The funny thing about this dinner was the topic of conversation. We were talking about plane malfunctions and traumatic flights. The funny thing? I was flying the next day! Harhar.

Then there's the shopping. Yes, the shopping. Really, the shopping.

Went home with major loot from Zara, H&M and Mango. I swear, the Zara stuff I got was dirt cheap! I had to restrain myself! Then there's the unbranded skirt that looked and felt very, VERY Issey Miyake. Finally, I took a quick trip to Lane Crawford and was pleasantly surprised to see two familiar - but haven't seen in a while - brands.





In Barcelona, these brands are as frequent as Bench is in Manila and Giordano is in HKG. My cousins are big fans, and I've seen how "happy camper" they get whenever we go to La Illa and raid their stores. Strangely, I haven't noticed these Spanish brands in store before - maybe I was too focused on Proenza Schouler and Lanvin.

Entonses, it was useless to resist. Now, there are pairs of Castaner shoes and a Don Algodon blouse just waiting to be unpacked. And I should really start doing that... pronto!

No comments: