Sunday, August 03, 2008

Making the Moss out of it

The last time I really took time to explore Topshop/Topman was during Xtine's Manila visit last February. While waiting for Princess Shash, Little Fiesta and Kuya Ers, we went to the Greenbelt 3 branch of Topshop and did some serious retail therapy. But after that - strange as it may seem - I haven't been shopping there again.

This August, the UK high street brand is having their "End of Season Sale." Seeing it as a perfect opportunity and excuse to go, I finally set foot inside their store.

After a 15 minute walk around Topman, nothing caught my eye. Maybe I outgrew the "Topman style." Nothing appealed or called to me. This is unlike Zara and H&M where something always "calls to me" whenever I visit. Anyway, after my short trip, it was off to the next door neighbor, Topshop. It was a very wise decision because they had more - much more - covet worthy items. Most of them are from her.



Hands down, this is my favorite sub-brand of Topshop. I've always liked Kate Moss' laid back and "I-didn't-give-much-thought-to-this-get-up" style. And unlike other celebrities who have their own fashion lines, Kate designs clothes that reflect her personality and stuff that she'd actually wear. Like these:



There were so, so many fabulous finds, and the sale price made it even more covet worthy. There was a silk and tulle tunic (or dress if you dig the micro-mini look), an asymmetric tunic (or dress) with a zigzag pattern, a charmeuse silk dress, and my favorite, the beaded t-shirt.

Gosh! The workmanship behind this shirt is amazing. But not as amazing as the price I paid for it.



So many finds from just one store. Now I'm tempted to scour every branch that carries the Kate Moss line and make the most of this sale.

No comments: