Monday, April 14, 2008

Sibling Shopping



If there's one thing I learned these past few days, it's the fact that shopping is embedded in our genetic code. Three days after my siblings arrived here in HKG, everything we've been doing has been suffixed by "shopping."

- Let's go to Stanley Market so we can check out the beach (and shopping.)
- We'll go up to the Peak to look at the great view (and shopping.)

Heck, on their first full day, we immediately hied off to H&M and did some major shopping. And after that, no day was complete without passing by a mall, outlet store, or anything that sells fashionable, inanimate objects.

As we're preparing for our Macau trip, my sister was asking me: "Are there nice shopping places at The Venetian or in Macau." My reply was: "Not really clothes, but they have good food." And to that, her reply was: "I'm going to buy food in Macau."



Since I'm the youngest, I'm supposed to take after my older siblings. So if people tell me that I like to shop, I'll just say: "I take after my elders."

Incidentally, when I called my parents in Atlanta a few days ago and asked where my two brothers were, she said: "They're out shopping."

No comments: