Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Putting the Plus in Surplus

Looks like the outlet near my house has been busy during the 4 days I was away. Today, I walked in to see a plethora of new stocks - all heralding the entry of summer. There were a lot of sleeveless tops and tanks, as well as shorts and skirts. Of course, the "old-new" stocks were still there - like that familiar Proenza Schouler for Target top that was there last year. (The problem is that it's just TOO big for anyone I know.)

Among the new Target stuff they had were dresses from the Jovovich-Hawk line. As any Target-lover would know (Hello Arnie!) The designing tandem from California were the last group featured in the GO International line. Just as I was about to do the "shoot 'em up" for finding these dresses, a quick look at the price tag and I suddenly wanted to shoot the owners of the store.

The dresses were more expensive in the outlet store compared to the actual Target store. This is SO not outlet store. Heck, stuff there should at least be priced lower compared to the SRP. But in this case, it was about 20% more expensive than the on-line price. And considering that these items are already marked down in the US, then it's probably 40-50% more expensive. Not cool!

Obviously, I didn't buy any of the Jovovich-Hawk stuff. Seeing that I'm planning to go to the US in May or June, I'm better off shopping at Target. And American Eagle. And American Rag. And Abercrombie and Fitch. And Old Navy. And at North Point Outlets.

This would've been a really disappointing visit at the shop. Thank goodness I got a Black Brocade Bermuda (does this qualify as a tongue twister?) from Erin Fetherston. That made the trip a bit worthwhile.

No comments: