Sunday, April 27, 2008

Carrie some more

Three years have passed since I've gotten the Carrie fever, and I don't think it's subsiding anytime soon.



Since the news of Carrie being InStyle's May cover girl came out, I've been staking out CitySuper and HMV. Usually, their issues come out on the 17th or 18th of every month, but after repeated trips there last week, still no InStyle. Finally, it hit the news stands today, and I immediately grabbed my copy.

When I first saw her on AI Season 4, I knew she had potential. Not only did she take the title, she's now the most successful A.I. alumna to date. Both her albums are certified hits and she's been getting music awards left and right. And now, she's being touted as another style icon whose transformation from Girl-Next-Door to Glamour-Gal is something a lot of American girls would like to emulate. With her new look, she now has that "Reese Witherspoon vibe" down pat.



More than just talent and good looks, she also has a firm grasp of what matters most in life. When asked what her concept of success is, Carrie says:

"Success? That's if, at the end of the day, you're happy with your life. It's not measured in dollars or accomplishments."

Gosh, this is precisely the reason why I'm so Carrie-d away.

No comments: