Sunday, April 06, 2008

Seeing the Signs in Singapore

Although they aren't as much of it compared to Tokyo or Shanghai, Singapore has its share of interesting signs. But unlike those in the first 2 countries, the signs here are interesting because of the things they remind me of.

For instance, this sign reminds me of Jollibee. Gosh! Maybe he's the long lost Singaporean cousin of our happy orange bee. Unfortunately, they don't have a mascot.



I'm not sure why, but there are two department stores here in Singapore that are called like this. Maybe it's a Singlish thing, but really, I find this uber odd. I've heard of Departmental Exams and Departmental Meetings in school. But this?



And yes, this sign which brings to mind two things. First, it might be a lane where everyone goes away. Or, it can be Grace's husband's lane. Hmmm... I wonder how Babu is now.



I'm glad there are signs like these to make walking under the extreme heat of Singapore a tad bit more inviting.

No comments: