Monday, January 21, 2008

Wedding Hangover

It must be because I organized two weddings that were less than a month apart. Or maybe it was because of "27 Dresses." Then again, it might be because there were so many couples having their wedding photos taken by the Star Ferry Pier yesterday. (Let me just say that, for fashionable people, Hong Kongers have such questionable taste in wedding wear.) But whatever it is, I've still got a bad case of wedding hangover.

While at H&M yesterday, I flipped through the latest issue of InStyle Weddings and they've got loads of interesting materials for invitations. Then at the bookstore this lunchtime, there was a magazine that was solely about wedding flowers, and their article "Flowers go couture" was a good read. Heck, I should buy this magazine and give it to Gemma so she'll have some new ideas for her shop.

Now I'm trying to figure out who among my friends is getting married next. That way, I can put all these new ideas into practice. This sounds strange, but I'm organizing 4 of my friends' weddings in my head right now. Even stranger is the fact that among the 4, only 2 are in a relationship. Maybe I should convince them to really get married this year - and I'll use the "triple 8 card" as the reason why. (August 8, 2008 is an auspicious date to marry according to the Chinese. Eight is a lucky number, so 8-8-8 is three times the luck.)

Somebody get married. Quick!

No comments: