Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday Surprise

It started as an ordinary Saturday. My list of things to do today included looking for a ticket to Manila since Xtine is finally coming to visit. That was ticked off after I found one at the travel agent near Shangrila. Then I did a bit of grocery shopping for the house and proceeded back to the flat.

When I got there, a guy from HK Post was outside my door with a familiar package under his arm. He gave me a paper to sign, and handed me this wonderful surprise from Japan.



This unexpected treat is a product of Mark's day of shopping with the other Pinoys in IUJ. They probably went to Muikamachi or Koide, or maybe even Nagaoka. But wherever he got them doesn't matter. What's important is the thought that went to getting these really neat and cool gifts.



There were three gift wrapped packs: two from Mark and one from Hazel. The cap and green shirt was from Hazel, while the black and yellow shirts and boxers are from Mark. I love the black shirt with the cartoon frog print - it just screams "Kawaii!" The Japanese really has a different aesthetic sense - simple yet quirky. And the shirt captures it perfectly.



Getting surprises is always fun and this particular one brightened this overcast Saturday. It couldn't come at a more opportune time since the weather is starting to get colder and the boxers, shirts and cap will definitely help keep me warm.

And the thought that Mark and Hazel took time out to get these gifts and surprise me with it, now that warms the heart.

No comments: